Friday, January 20, 2012

the rabbit box

Being a bit of a geek, I know that library booksales, especially in the fair land of Lakewood are like Black Friday for those with barcode scanners who will camp out and then rampage in search of first editions. I stumbled across this little book that I fell in love with, despite its overwhelming and strange sentimentality, but the sepia photos and the looped musings on fragility and insecurity and love grabbed me. Attempts at finding a second copy for gifting were thwarted because evidently it's somewhat rare,evidently written by a former priest who later turned to queer theatre and this small volume was part of a series (the others are what my prior housemate described as "too peace love and 70s to be cool."

But it seems to have a cult following on the Internets, and for good reason. It's a lovely little thing.

1 comment: