Saturday, February 18, 2012

poserrific

I don't know anyone at this show besides two friends of mine in one of the bands that's playing, so I hang out with them and when they set up end up leaning against a pillar people-watching and wishing that my hair was as long as it once was even though I'd just end up getting called a hippie anyway because I smile more than I scowl.

What are you doing here? I didn't know you were into metal. Well, my friends are playing, and I figured I'd come out here and watch them rock out and clap for them too because that's what good friends do, and they're talented people as it is. Well you need to start going to more shows to build up your cred and why didn't I go and see his band? But I have neither money or interest in how it appears to others, and I make an effort to see the bands I want to see but I've always been ambivalent about scenesterism, because high school ended for me ten years ago and this reeks of it, only it's band shirts instead of brand names, and it's still about who you know and who you're cool with. I didn't play that game then, and I sure as hell am not going to start now.

2 comments:

  1. LET ME HELP YOU OUT OF YOUR CHAIR, POSER

    The letters after the name may have changed, but douchebags remain dou -- shit, sorry, can't talk now, gotta buy tickets for Turisas and Alestorm so I can build my street cred. Oompa metal is so edgy, like going right up to the edge of the cliff and being able to see all the way down, and moshing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAYBE IF YOU WERE A REAL METAL FAN YOU'D GO SEE METAL SHOWS ALL THE TIME. OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT A REAL METAL FAN.

    What you say you don't have money? That's not a problem, why don't you get a job with the military industrial complex or something because that's the American way.

    ReplyDelete