Tuesday, March 6, 2012

heavy-eyed

I went my first show of the year tonight, forgot about some dinner plans and ended up missing A Storm of Light (figures that this is the show that starts on time), met up with a mutual friend and fellow radio comrade for hangingoutness, enjoying the riffage of Torche muchly, and while I'm more partial to the 90's-era Corrosion of Conformity, the power trio incarnation was good as well, relentless riffs and kids younger than the band moshing in front like it was 1985 all over again as me and the other older folks stood in the back and nodded along.

I didn't feel like driving all the way home so I tried to crash at the station but it was really cold and the furniture uncomfortable so I tossed and turned on the floor before giving up and hanging out with one of the late nighters. A nap on the breakroom couch and the Five Hour Energy bottle in my desk drawer saved for such a day are sustaining me for the half-day until I can depart to sleep perchance to dream.

3 comments:

  1. Sure, getting older gifts reflective powers, but the body fails to keep up. Just don't start tucking in your rawk shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer from sleep deprivation and it's literally a drag.
    http://www.radioopensource.org/david-shields-reality-hunger-kicking-ass-and-dropping-names/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbath and Metal Grandpa tuck in their shirts, YOU COULD BE NEXT METAL DAD!

    dmf,
    I used to when I was in my teens and now I've found that herbal tea with some valerian and journaling everything in my brain out before I crash if that's what's keeping me up works wonders.

    ReplyDelete