Wednesday, June 13, 2012

hourglass

40 hour week, a window of evening time to do and be, played music with some good people last night, one of my friends is moving to Georgia so I've inherited the rest of his record collection, which includes all sorts of treasures from late 70's, early 80's England, lots of punk and pub rock as well as a sizable pile of Tom Waits for those hot summer nights of melancholy.

I've got tickets to see some bands tonight, and it's been awhile since I've seen anyone play, and there's a show tomorrow too just up the street. I vacillate between rugged individualism and wishing I had more traveling companions in the nearby vicinity who are up for such things even if these are in themselves not very interactive.


I feel like I've been gone every night this week, so I'm debating on whether to walk up the street for this tomorrow. Not enough caffeine, waking up in the middle of the night for no discernible reason, except for the smoke from the fires that have happened the last couple days, trying to figure out how to turn down and let down gracefully... inshallah for everything I guess...



2 comments:

  1. a smoke detector or two couldn't hurt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like sands in the hourglass, these are the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete