Friday, December 28, 2012

hibernatia

Family functions fun, too much good food, the perfect amount of snark and conversation, lack of sleep now attended to, scares of the hope-they're okay kind at 2 in the morning, a crashed computer at the station meant I probably pissed off my sludge loving listeners with ample medieval chantish spooky noochies Christmas music, playing the same Arvo Part and Anonymous 4 CDs in rotation with a dash of Lanegan and Kristin Hersh, no cars on the road, no one called in. My mom asks why I bother because it's so deserted, but it's always deserted at 5 in the morning there.

No regrets on jettisoning epic travels, I've spent the snowy days drinking tea with neighbors and old friends. I have no need to really go anywhere, the hibernating feels good after the masses of people. I come home, listen to tunes, drink more tea, read, repeat. This is a true vacation. There is peace, and it is good.


3 comments:

  1. A true vacation, not this hippie facsimile, helps grow both the economy and your personal brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pPtphA4hkQc/UN-ds_f5hFI/AAAAAAAACu0/K2l4dnnKioo/s1600/tr_monkey.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete