Wednesday, March 19, 2014

for a start take two grant harts...

so it was my favorite member of Husker Du's birthday yesterday and also that of a fine lady from Lush, so I played quite a bit of those on the show. I saw Grant Hart a few years ago playing a solo show at a certain hipster bar and it was wonderful even if he looks a bit worse for the wear these days. Anyways, I always liked his songs the best and they were a substantial soundtrack to my college years when one could still find cheap punk records before The Kids discovered vinyl.

and the solo stuff has some gems, especially that live solo album that's been spinning in my car.
also, bonus Lush, one of those bands where I like their dreampop phase as much as the britpop one.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.wnyc.org/story/boy-george-returns-new-album-same-controversy/

    ReplyDelete